Last updated: May 1, 2021
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. Caraway Tea Company, LLC. (“Caraway”, or the “Company”) will only use the information you share with us to process your orders and to enhance your shopping experience. We do not rent, trade, or sell your personal information to others. And, we respect your preferences in how we use it.
What types of information does this Site collect and how do we use it?
- When you place an order, we ask for your name, e-mail and mailing addresses, credit card number and expiration date and the phone number of your shipping address. We need this information to process and fulfill your orders, and to notify you of your order status. We do not store your credit card information. It is passed through to our secure, third-party card processor and not retained by the Site. When you create an account, we provide a convenient single sign on experience similar to other e-commerce platforms. Your order history and personally identifiable information associated with us is never shared with others.
- When you request newsletters or reminder services, we ask for your e-mail address. Then we forward any information you request to your e-mail account. You may unsubscribe at any time by either using the link that will be on everything we send to you, or by contacting us.
- When you post a customer review, we ask for your initials and e-mail address. However, you may choose whether to have your e-mail address displayed with your review. Just let us know.
- When you enter one of our contests or promotions, we may ask for your name, phone number, e-mail, social media account information, and mailing addresses. We use this information to administer the contest and notify you if you win and to administer the promotion. Again, contests or promotions are only open to persons who reside in the United States.
- If you have provided us with an e-mail address or social media account information, we may use it occasionally to notify you about important changes to our web sites, new services, or special offers. If you prefer not to receive these updates, we respect your wishes. Simply contact us with your request. Make sure to let us know if you have given us more than one e-mail account.
- We contract with other companies to provide certain services for us including: shipping, e-mail distribution, market research, name and address verification, promotions management and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services for us and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than us.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to validly issued requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To provide you with improved services, we may use aggregated pools of data (without personal identifiers) for research and commercial purposes.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics are fully and permanently anonymized and do not include any personally identifiable information.
- The “help” function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to use any feature that requires registration. Also see “How do I manage cookies?” below.
- Our uses of cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting-Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site